Making drawings is a skill that any practicing engineer needs to master. Unfortunately, it’s not something that is taught very well in most engineering schools. In this video, we’re going to try to demystify engineering drawings and give you some tips and best practices to make clear, complete drawings.
In this video, we’ll discuss
– The different types of engineering drawings
– The features of a standards-compliant drawing template
– Choosing and placing views
– Strategies for dimensioning common features
– Tips to improve the clarity of your drawings
– The relevant ASME standards
– Example detail and assembly drawings of REAL parts
Companion blog post with reference sheet, sample drawings, and checklist:
Tarkka Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/tarkkadesign/
Connect with us!
Background music by tarkka: https://soundcloud.com/tarkka/lizzies-new-groove
Thanks for watching!