Join the Amoeba Sisters as they take a brisk “stroll” through their biology playlist! This review video can refresh your memory of major concepts, help you identify what you need to re-study, and reinforce vocab. Expand these details for table of contents, info about the optional video companion handout, and more!
-We have an optional video companion handout linked on our website https://www.amoebasisters.com/handouts
-To find it, scroll down to the topic “review” (alphabetically listed)
TIME-STAMPED TABLE OF CONTENTS
*Click on the time stamps to access that part of the video. Also, the numbers on the left of the topics correspond to the grid box on our video companion.
1. Characteristics of Life 1:56
2. Levels of Organization 2:36
3. Biomolecules 3:47
4. Enzymes 4:36
5. Prokaryotic Cells & Eukaryotic Cells AND Intro to Cells 5:27
6. Inside the Cell Membrane AND Cell Transport 6:31
7. Osmosis 7:43
8. Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis, AND Fermentation 8:57
9. DNA (Intro to Heredity) 10:03
10. DNA Replication 11:41
11. Cell Cycle 12:34
12. Mitosis 13:55
13. Meiosis 14:41
14. Alleles and Genes 16:10
15. Genetics (including Monohybrid, Dihybrid, Sex-Linked Traits, Multiple Alleles, Incomplete Dominance & Codominance, AND Pedigrees) 17:57
16. Protein Synthesis 19:30
17. Mutations 20:58
18. Natural Selection AND Genetic Drift 22:00
19. Bacteria 24:12
20. Viruses 25:17
21. Classification AND Protists & Fungi 26:21
22. Plant Structure 27:58
23. Plant Reproduction in Angiosperms 29:15
24. Food Chains & Food Webs 31:22
25. Ecological Succession 33:00
26. Carbon & Nitrogen Cycle 34:40
27. Ecological Relationships 36:56
28. Human Body System Functions Overview 38:30
Full Biology Playlist Link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwL0Myd7Dk1F0iQPGrjehze3eDpco1eVz
Important Note: Unlike our concept videos, which are all under 10 minutes, this is a very long review video! Even after all of the proofing, it’s possible a typo will escape us or we will determine a clarification is needed. Check the pinned comment for any clarifications or typo corrections.
Support us on Patreon! http://www.patreon.com/amoebasisters
More ways to Support Us? http://www.amoebasisters.com/support-us.html
Biology Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwL0Myd7Dk1F0iQPGrjehze3eDpco1eVz
Unlectured Series: https://www.amoebasisters.com/unlectured
Connect with us!
Visit our Redbubble store at http://www.amoebasisters.com/store
The Amoeba Sisters videos demystify science with humor and relevance. The videos center on Pinky’s certification and experience in teaching biology at the high school level. For more information about The Amoeba Sisters, visit:
Our textbook reference is OpenStax- a FREE, peer reviewed, open source biology textbook:
OpenStax, Biology. OpenStax CNX. Nov 7, 2018 http://email@example.com.
Our intro music designed and performed by Jeremiah Cheshire.
End music is this video is listed free to use/no attribution required from the YouTube audio library https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music?feature=blog